Network Seminar: Combining state and non-state partnerships for effective place leadership
23 October - 24 October
Place leadership research is at a critical juncture. After having reached a wide and new recognition about its importance thanks to work of several scholars (e.g. Beer & Clower, 2014; Collinge et al. 2010; Liddle, 2010; Sotarauta, 2015; Sotarauta et al. 2017), it has now to gain consistency and rigour to foster its contribution to a bigger range of work.
In this research network seminar, we encourage and invite research papers, short position papers, commentaries on hot topics/events (e.g. Brexit), and research designs, but are not limited to contributions that address:
- How do we defining the role of civic society and civic institutions as community anchors?
- Leadership and development in transition and post-transition contexts
- How does place leadership contribute to development in the developing global south?
- How does leadership fill the spaces that emerge as new policy tiers are created by political decisions, referenda,
new political alliances, and independence movements?
Key dates and deadlines
- Initial paper proposal (500 words) by 29th July 2018
- Notification of acceptance on the 6th August 2018
- Optional draft papers (8000 words) by 30th September 2018
The event is free of charge but participants (presenting or not) need to register at the following link: https://rsa-leadership.eventbrite.co.uk
For more information see the Call for Papers.